There are many CS:GO competitions that are held worldwide with the highest prizes or the lower-level competitions that cover a smaller part of the world. It is essential to start with the biggest championships. Below, we present some highlights as the answer to why high-level tournaments are a good option for new bettors.
- They possess a lot of information about all professional players and teams, which makes it easier to make well-thought bets.
- The attitude of the teams differ a lot if they compete in the events with the highest prizes.
- There is plenty of all the popular CS:GO events in any bookmaker.
- Many betting types are available in such tournaments.
- High-level championships are good for high-rollers since they allow players to stake large sums of money.
As you can see, the biggest tournaments make the whole betting process easier to place winning bets. Before moving any further, follow the https://csgobettingz.com/ page that guides you on how to bet on the biggest CS:GO matches. And below, we will take a look at some of the main events of Counter-Strike.
СS:GO Major Championship
Тhe Major is the largest and the most popular event on the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive professional scene. Sponsored by Valve, this competition was first organized in 2013 at DreamHack Winter when it attracted a prize of $250,000, spread among the 16 participating teams.
Since 2018, the format of the Major has been changed, allowing 24 professional teams to compete in the Swiss tournament system:
- The New Challengers stage
- The New Legends stage
- The New Champions stage
In the above first two stages, the teams compete against each other over the period of two and a half weeks to determine the eight teams for the New Championships stage. Afterward, the final eight teams fight in the Best of 3 (Bo3) series to determine the Major winner.
To give you an idea of the importance of this championship, the Major 2021 took place in Stockholm and had a $2,000,000 cumulative prize pool. Natus Vincere won the tournament without losing a single map.
As for betting options, the CS:GO Major tournament opens up a great variety of bet types to choose from. The list includes but is not limited to:
- Simple bet: the winner of a map, match, or tournament.
- Total: the total above/below of the number of maps played.
- Handicap: the winner of a game with a certain difference of points (+/-1.5 in a Bo3).
- Props: the outcome of specific events in a game (player with the highest score, the first blood, the knife first kill, etc.)
ESL Pro Tour
Sponsored by Intel, the ESL Pro League series was created in 2015 in Europe. Over the years, the league has grown exponentially. The ESL Pro Tour 2021 took place at the legendary LANXESS Arena and announced a total prize of $750,000.
The tour format consists of 24 teams that compete against each other in three stages until the winner emerges.
One more professional tournament of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. It was organized in 2020 in Europe. The Blast Premier is held twice a year, including two seasons – Spring and Autumn, each with 3 tournaments.
The structure for this event is as follows:
- Group Stage: includes 12 teams, all matches are played in Best of 1, three double-elimination gauntlets.
- Play-In Stage: host the 8 best CS:GO teams, all matches are Best of 3, three single-elimination brackets.
- Last Chance Stage: all matches are Best of 3, single-elimination phase.
Another main CS:GO series sponsored by Intel and organized by ESL. Gather 16 of the best teams that share the $500,000 prize pool. There are two stages for this tournament. Qualifying events are held in different countries. The Finals are held in Poland, where two teams compete against each other in a Best of 3 format to determine the winner.
To sum up, the high-level CS:GO tournaments open up great opportunities for both beginners in betting and experienced gamblers. Bookmakers set great odds on them, allowing players to earn good money with this. However, it is important to remember that any bet is, in the first place, a risk. Therefore, we recommend you create your bankroll management system and place only a fixed percentage of the amount available to bet.